with strength i burn

[The Elder]
"Suddenly, his mournful cries were stunned. Out of the cold mist came three enthralling ships. Sails torn by many a storm, and the bows adorned by the most fierce gargoyles he'd ever laid eyes upon.Yet, the crew they bore... Three times twelve in numbers. They stood motionless, wrapped in grey, worn gowns. And from behind their shadowed faces came the seductive chanting. Bidding him on board.Without hesitation, he accepted. And away they sailed..."

Upon these seas,
wherein I drowned so many times,
I scatter the ashes of destiny.
Still my flames are in hunger.
With fire in my heart
shall I greet the shores ahead.
Though, I know not what will burn.

------------------------------------------------------
Emperor, Anthems to the Welkin At Dusk

3 comments:

Ire said...

hey! hi there,
what i just read...has soo much depth. is it out of your creative mind? if so,its wonderful!!!

blogger said...

Destiny talk here too:)

Good piece of poetry! Keep it going!

Unknown said...

I wish these were my poetry, They are not. They're just parts from some of my favourite songs.

ARVind